Sunday, October 21, 2007

Wise - clock or anti-clock

It's been a long time since we wrote something fun. Lets see now - what constitutes fun. This could be a good start - http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22556281-661,00.html

Now, what do you see? Clockwise or anti-clockwise? I, for one, can see nothing but clockwise. It's a bummer especially since the article says that you would normally see anti-clockwise. No matter, some elitist ego boosting. Moving on, it says one can concentrate and change directions. I concentrated. I can't change it. There were two of us who couldn't change and so we decided to use a mirror to explain to our brains the difference between clockwise and anti-clockwise. He found it useful. My brain can see only clockwise. Even in the mirror image!

The article says that those who see clockwise use their left brain more than their right. As L said, I, who cannot see any anti-clockwise action, must have a dysfunctional right brain. No math and science abilities! Makes sense. The corporate world has killed the scientist inside me.

Anyways that was a good laugh. Atleast for all of us. Some distraction from the otherwise real world. Or as T would put it, an escape from the realities of the mundane world. And what we need is such distractions - the simple distractions.

Do tell me if there are other ways - crosswords? I don't know what else.

But till then, please concentrate and prove that your brain works much better than mine - stupid big picture, fantasy-focussed, present-future emphasising brain of mine (ahhh, rationalization - that sounds good).

Smiles,
H

6 comments:

TenG said...

H, it is right brain and not left, man- big picture, etc

satya said...

H & T .. mirror was interesting idea, especially cos it worked for me.

in the mirror i saw clockwise, then something happened and it switched to anti in mirror, now my lappy-pic was also anti.

I literally shook my head, and it changed back to clockwise!!

(its above is repeatable)
now i find the article interesting!!

San said...

The big picture makes me lose focus of the details :).

Mirror was actually an idea of 4th wing junta who were trying to help me improve my thinking skills. Glad you benefited babe!

TenG said...

I was just having a look at it again and I can only see anti-clockwise now, though I could only see clockwise the previous time. And I'm unable to make the switch

Anonymous said...

Check this out...explanations given

http://www.randominc.net/spinninglady/

Kaushik said...

Dei dubukka, this is me da.
:D