Thursday, March 8, 2007

Dance for me

I think it’s a frightening thought if I had indeed spent enough time reflecting on it. The whole idea of moving to a completely new city, moving in with people you don’t know, working on something you have no clue about, working, by itself, for the very first time; in short, to start a life around variable variables – as I said, a frightening thought… if I had indeed thought about it.

I didn’t. I don’t think it has sunk in yet either. I live a surreal life that is at best cathegorizable as strange. Many a time I find myself in an out-of-body experience more often than not pointing and laughing at the real me. At where I am and what I am doing. Why I am doing what I doing. For whom I am doing what I am doing for. Why I am doing what I doing for whomsoever it is I am doing that what. And other such meaningful and philosophically sound questions. In light of all this, I could sensationally claim everything has changed in my life and nothing has remained the same (but that would be an unnecessary repetition) and that’s hard to assert. (Hard because it’s actually hard to perfect perfection perhaps? No no no, I’m humble. Let the cookie crumble. No no no, this is not the time for random rhyme. Noooooooo……… let it go.). But at the end of the day the truth is, what they staidly continue to say, the truth (and its out there… near that tree) and the end of today, the truth is that there has been significant changes in my life.

One of whom is T (Awwww… such a cute intro). Before I started sharing an apartment with T, I always imagined him to be a prudish and snobbish yet mysteriously affable and amicable guy. I still think the latter. He isn’t as snooty though. Charmingly funny. Clichédly chauvinistic. He turned out to be a different pea compared to the other peas I had seen. He was a black-eyed pea. I think. He was a dreamer. A romantic. An idealist. A fantasist. He who dreams of being a knight hunting down treacherous dragons with gilded swords. Rescuing damsels from draconian warlocks (damn you, honourable knight, my scorpicores shall rise again). Finding magical artifacts in lost islands. Oh how adorable.

Or atleast that’s how I remember him from our younger days. When I was 21. Ah, those days, when he was younger than he is today but still the philanderer he still is. He seems changed. Jaded. Perhaps he has lost faith? In the entire grandeur of life? And all such magnificence? Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.

Happy Woman’s day. Yet another commercial offspring of Hallmark and the West. Not such a bad one though. Power to the women! Bring me my food and dance for me. Umm, something like that.

Smiles,

H

No comments: