Monday, March 19, 2007

PoP : Power of Pause - a series of fortunate trainings

Today was day one of three days of intense training. Training that is not only mental but also physical. Much like Ogden Nash's torture at the dentist. Training that is going to change my destiny. Change the way the Moirae, the Three Fates are looking at my life. At me. Today, and for the next two days, we undergo the hallowed Communications Skills and Interpersonal Skills Workshop. How to communicate and personalize (?) better. And today, we learnt how to peep. PEEP. Which is fine by itself. But most importantly, today we learnt something specific. We learnt how to pause.

[Pause]

See wasn't that wonderful? Didn't you feel much better? I just gave you so much more time to digest all that information. And, hear this, I, me, mois, get more time to structure what I want to tell you. So thats the double power of pause. By the power of grayskull. I am Sshh-Man.

[Pause]

Smile and the world smiles with you, cry and you cry alone. But the other thing I learnt today was even more interesting. Smile and the world smiles with you, snore and you sleep alone. That was true value add. Nay, value change. My life truly feels blessed.

T gave an inspiring speech about 300 today. About the misinterpretation of history through Hollywood. Like poor Cleopatra. And Elizabeth Taylor. And how Lizzie has a thin nose unlike Cleo who has a roman pug nose. And Alexander. And Indian savages. And Persians and Asyrian beards. It was quite an exciting trip. Especially when the video was fast forwarded. Dancing he was. Lithe ballerina he could be. If he rolls off.

The other key takeaway for me with my blue sky thinking, as I pushed the envelope of creativity and imagination, was that when the rubber hits the road, I could be in the same page as the other low lying fruit as far as the Bombay Duck is concerned. No, that was not supposed to make any sense, except for the Duck which by the way is a fish akin to the Black Isle Clipper. The indigenous version if you wish. I really learnt so much today.

[Pause]

Pausing is a powerful tool. As is effective eye contact. However not in all cultures. Because where I come from, effective eye contact could be misconstrued as a devious debauchee in action. Which is very wrong according to me. But thats just me.

Moral police-like,
H

No comments: